Oil Market Analyst
Hesnes Group is a Norwegian, family-owned company that is active in the fields of shipbroking, bunker broking, ship owning, and investment in real estate and financial assets.
One of our daughter companies, Norwegian Oil Trading, is one of the largest independent bunker brokers in Northern Europe.
Norwegian Oil Trading is well known as a global provider of comprehensive bunker brokerage to the marine industry and works with some of the leading ship owners and operators around the world. More than 50 years in the international bunker industry gives a solid track record and reputation in the market. Norwegian Oil Trading has a global presence with offices in Norway and Singapore in addition to a representative office in Miami.
To further strengthen Norwegian Oil Trading’s market presence, and to meet the ongoing “green shift” for the shipping and bunker industry, we are seeking a talented and motivated new member of our team in Norway.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A Bachelor or Master’s in Business, Economics or similar.
- Strong analytical sense and the ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Power Point and Excel).
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how to use them for marketing.
- Knowledge of Oil and Shipping markets is an advantage.
- The drive to thrive in an international work environment.
- Analysis of the oil market and development of our market reports.
- Analysis of future and alternative fuels for shipping.
- Managing and developing the company`s social media platform.
- Company representative towards media related to the oil market.
- Overall support to our broking desk and Risk Manager.
We can offer:
- An exciting job in an international company, together with a dedicated team of five others. You will be part of a highly skilled, diverse, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long-term professional and personal growth.
- The position is based on Nøtterøy, one hour south of Oslo.
- Your working day will involve daily contact with colleagues and customers across the world.
- We can offer competitive terms, including access to a company cabin in Hemsedal, which is great for both skiing and summer activities.
- You will report directly to the Managing Director, Benny Clausen. Should you have any questions regarding the position, please contact him on +47 917 06 954.